maanantai 9. tammikuuta 2017

Vuonna 2016 koettua

Prepare yourself to the "new year, new me" (bullshit) prologue. Just kidding! I won't write you any of my promises 'cause there's a pretty high possibility that they (at least some of them) will be broken eventually. And what's the point anyway? I doubt that none of you couldn't care less about them. 

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you.
Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.
- Alice Walker

This is going to be a short wrap-up about the year 2016. Things that happened and some things that didn't. Nevertheless, I feel quite amazed about the things that I wrote down one year ago. At that time I was almost graduated and ready to face the world. After a well-earned holiday I got a job which lasted until the early days of autumn. Then came another period when I had plenty of time to figure things out. And most of all I had time to travel. A chance to fulfill my dreams. An opportunity to travel and explore the world. I opened my eyes for example to Rome, Prague, Copenhagen and London. But now I'm in the same situation. Looking for a job. Searching for new experiences. Seeking for a place to call home. Waiting for an adventure.

There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.
- C.S. Lewis

But let's bring up some facts about the things that acctually happened. I had to say goodbye to my sharpness 'cause the dentist took away my wisdom teeth. Though it didn't hurt I still feel like the smartest person. And throughout the whole year I managed to make some interesting acquaintances (with pros and cons). I spend a lot of time with my dearest buddies and also met people from the past. Then I'm glad that I got a chance to see gigs from some of my favorite bands and artists. So much jumping, bouncing, moshing, and singing.

The best is yet to be.
- Robert Browning

Yet, in the end I didn't even have an Advent calendar but the Santa Claus still came with his gifts (hurray). I haven't have one for years so I'm kinda used to it already. Then I realized that I didn't even drink a single glass of glogg! You know the kind of mulled wine we Finns tend to drink during Christmas. Not like it's the end of the world or anything. I could have some of it right now if I really would like to. But I'll wait until next year.  

Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
- Cheshire Cat

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti