maanantai 30. lokakuuta 2017

Barcelona 1/2

Life is a trickly little thing. It can suprise you whenever it's in the mood for it. And when the plans you once made do change you just have to live with them. For example when I was booking my flights to Barcelona I had completely different plans for my upcoming trip. I can't even remember  the exact date when I did that but at the time I was going visit few of my friends. But when the day finally came I found my dear mother next to me. It was our first trip together to abroad and besides all the odds we manage to get through it pretty well. At least most of the time. 


Earlier when I have been travelling solo it has been so liberating 'cause I had been able to do whatever I wanted to. And whenever I wanted to. But this time I needed to listen to someone else's wishes too and kinda take care of all the rest. It felt a bit stressing at first but now I know that it's certainly something I have to work with in the future. Otherwise no-one don't want to take me as their travel companion. And even if a picture is worth a thousand words, it's the story behind all of them that tells the real truth.


Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.
- Ernest Hemingway

But at the end our trip went smoothly and we both agreed that 10 days in one city was enough. We had plenty of time to wander around and visit every place we had planned. The weather was perfect 'cause it didn't rain at all although October should be the rainiest month of the year. We even went to the beach for a couple of times just to relax for a while. And every time we did that we chose this one beach a bit further along the shore far away Barceloneta which is right next to the city center (aka full of tourists).


I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.
- Carl Sagan


To travel is to take a journey into yourself.
- Danny Kaye

Those who have been following the news lately may know that at the moment there's alot going on in Catalonia. You may also remember that we were there just days after it all began. So, right after the first referendum. But besides the fact that folks were extremely emotional we didn't face any problems whatsoever. It means so much for the locals that it's completely normal that it has caused riots and all kind of demostrations around BCN and its surroundings. Most of the people had also stated their stand by putting flags outside of their homes.


But at least from now on I'm going to make sure that there isn't any significant political events ongoing in the city (or country) where I'm aiming next. And yes I'm already planning my future adventures.

You can, you should, and if you're brave enough to start you will.
- Stephen King

1 kommentti:

  1. Excellent! Great vacation it was and we got along pretty well with each other. Well I walked behind you all day long,or how did it really go. Thank´s for taking care of me !

    VastaaPoista